Monday, September 14, 2015

Mom.

The past month has been a blur, literally. We found out my mom has metastatic cholangiocarinoma stage 4. The docs are giving us 3-6 months, but warned us to prepare for the shorter end of the spectrum. They told us to live day by day and week to week until the time comes. 


My baby boy is due to arrive in mid-October. All I want is a safe delivery and for my mom to be there to hold her grandson. These layers of emotions are hard to take in. 

The sad reality is that we don't have much longer with mom. I only hope that she's proud of the woman I've become and will look over our family when her time comes. Seeing her in pain is the hardest thing to witness. Seeing her get frustrated at herself for not being able to feed herself or walk by herself is even harder. 

Mom, just know that we all love you. You will never be replaced. Until the time comes, I promise to do whatever I can to put a smile on your face. 

Love,
Your daughter 





No comments:

Post a Comment